featuring text by Dr. Morris Pelzel and videos of faculty from Boston College School of Theology and Ministry
We are the Church. We are called together in communion with God and one another. We are sent out to enlarge the circle of inclusion, to transform the world in light of the Gospel. In this course we reflect theologically on these two movements and what they mean for us individually as the baptized, as well as the teachings, sacraments, and other ministries we share collectively as Catholic Christians. We also discuss the gifts and challenges of diversity in the Church and what they mean for the Church’s evangelizing mission.
- Introductory Week
- Week 1: The Gathering of Disciples
- Week 2: Living Baptism in the Church Today
- Week 3: Rooted in Word and Sacrament
- Week 4: Forming an Evangelizing Church
- Week 5: The Church’s Mission
This course includes:
- Video clips;
- Text transcripts of each featured video;
- Weekly questions for reflection and discussion;
- A weekly introduction and study guide; and
- A regularly updated Resources page to use for further study.
All STM Online: Crossroads courses include these features
- Participants have access 24 hours/7 days a week to the course's password-protected web site.
- Each participant belongs to a small Community for Conversation and faith sharing guided by a facilitator.
- The course site is usually available to participants at least three months after the course has ended.
- An orientation in how to navigate the web site is always available.
- Technical assistance is easy to contact and prompt in returning a message.
- A Certificate of Active Participation is awarded to those who post at least three messages of substance for each week of content.
A participant can expect to spend an average of approximately 3-4 hours each week. This commitment includes both the assigned reading and interaction online.
Certificate Requirement Categories
Themes of Our Christian Tradition