For many moving closer to an actual or imagined retirement date, the reality of the event and life afterward may begin to seem puzzling, uncertain, or daunting. In this course, participants will be able to examine the most common issues that perplex or cause concern. The goal of the course is not to answer every question, but to explore how God is present in our lives and working in the process from anticipation to realization of life after full-time employment.
All STM Online: Crossroads courses include these features
- Participants have access 24 hours/7 days a week to the course's password-protected web site.
- Each participant belongs to a small Community for Conversation and faith sharing guided by a facilitator.
- The course site is usually available to participants at least three months after the course has ended.
- An orientation in how to navigate the web site is always available.
- Technical assistance is easy to contact and prompt in returning a message.
- A Certificate of Active Participation is awarded to those who post at least three messages of substance for each week of content.
A participant can expect to spend an average of approximately 3-4 hours each week. This commitment includes both the assigned reading and interaction online.