This course is designed to help participants effectively craft and deliver meaningful homilies at weddings. Based on the Special Touchstone in our Touchstones for Preaching mini-course, this workshop is ideal for both ordained and lay leaders who are called upon to preach at weddings.
Week 1: The Theology of Marriage
Week 2: Preparing a Wedding Homily
This course includes:
- Study aide that guides participants through the assignments;
- Weekly questions for discussion and reflection;
- Resource page for further study;
- Links to all reading materials are included;
- Weekly video segments from Touchstones for Preaching (www.bc.edu/preaching); and
- Text transcripts of each featured video.
All STM Online: Crossroads courses include these features
- Participants have access 24 hours/7 days a week to the course's password-protected web site.
- Each participant belongs to a small Community for Conversation and faith sharing guided by a facilitator.
- The course site is usually available to participants at least three months after the course has ended.
- An orientation in how to navigate the web site is always available.
- Technical assistance is easy to contact and prompt in returning a message.
- A Certificate of Active Participation is awarded to those who post at least three messages of substance for each week of content.
Additional Materials Needed
All materials are included in the course.
A participant can expect to spend an average of approximately 3-4 hours each week. This commitment includes both the assigned reading and interaction online.