(This course has been updated and expanded!)
Prepare for effective liturgy planning in your faith community. Learn the Church’s vision for the liturgy, the basic structure of the Mass, and principles for liturgical practice.
Week 1: The Church's Vision for Liturgy
Week 2: Ritual and Symbol
Week 3: Liturgical Ministry, Time, and Space
Week 4: Liturgical Music and Popular Devotions
All STM Online: Crossroads courses include these features
- Participants have access 24 hours/7 days a week to the course's password-protected web site.
- Each participant belongs to a small Community for Conversation and faith sharing guided by a facilitator.
- The course site is usually available to participants at least three months after the course has ended.
- An orientation in how to navigate the web site is always available.
- Technical assistance is easy to contact and prompt in returning a message.
- A Certificate of Active Participation is awarded to those who post at least three messages of substance for each week of content.
A participant can expect to spend an average of approximately 3-4 hours each week. This commitment includes both the assigned reading and interaction online.
Rev. Msgr. James A. Mongelluzzo, S.T.D., is a priest of the Diocese of Worcester, Massachusetts, and serves on the faculty at Pope St. John XXIII National Seminary.