Take an opportunity to read and reflect on the Sunday readings during the first five weeks of Lent. You will be provided with links to reflections on the lectionary readings (Cycle C) by Fr. Michael Simone S.J. in America magazine and by other scholars/preachers. Each week there will be a discussion forum so that course participants can share and discuss their insights on the Sunday readings.
All STM Online: Crossroads courses include these features
- Participants have access 24 hours/7 days a week to the course's password-protected web site.
- Each participant belongs to a small Community for Conversation and faith sharing guided by a facilitator.
- The course site is usually available to participants at least three months after the course has ended.
- An orientation in how to navigate the web site is always available.
- Technical assistance is easy to contact and prompt in returning a message.
- A Certificate of Active Participation is awarded to those who post at least three messages of substance for each week of content.
A participant can expect to spend an average of approximately 3-4 hours each week. This commitment includes both the assigned reading and interaction online.