The Gospel of John is used prominently throughout Holy Week and the Easter season. Fathers Harrington and Stegman artfully present on the Passion Narrative in John and on the Johannine themes throughout the Easter season. This STM Online: Crossroads course is based on a campus workshop presented in Spring 2011.
- Introductory Week
- Week 1: The Gospel of John is Different – The “Hour” of Jesus (John 12:20-33) and Can You Accept Salvation? (John 13:1-15)
- Week 2: John’s Passion Narrative – Easter according to John and Carrying on the Mission of Jesus (John 13-17)
- Weekly introductions to each new topic;
- Video segments by each presenter each week;
- Transcripts of the videos;
- Bonus videos from the on-campus workshop;
- Weekly questions for reflection and discussion;
- Resource page to use for further study;
All STM Online: Crossroads courses include these features
- Participants have access 24 hours/7 days a week to the course's password-protected web site.
- Each participant belongs to a small Community for Conversation and faith sharing guided by a facilitator.
- The course site is usually available to participants at least three months after the course has ended.
- An orientation in how to navigate the web site is always available.
- Technical assistance is easy to contact and prompt in returning a message.
- A Certificate of Active Participation is awarded to those who post at least three messages of substance for each week of content.
Additional Materials Needed
All materials provided in the course.
A participant can expect to spend an average of approximately 3-4 hours each week. This commitment includes both the assigned reading and interaction online.
- The late Rev. Daniel J. Harrington, S.J., professor of New Testament and editor of New Testament Abstracts, Boston College School of Theology and Ministry.
- Rev. Thomas D. Stegman, S.J., associate professor of New Testament, Boston College School of Theology and Ministry