Do you think of the church as spirit-led? Do you think of the church as a vehicle or an obstacle of hope? We will explore two essays authored by Fr. Richard Lennan. In “The Church: Got Hope?” Lennan discusses the church’s relationship to hope. In a second essay “The Holy Spirit and the Pilgrimage of Faith,” Lennan partners with Nancy Pineda-Madrid to summarize the teaching of Vatican II on the Holy Spirit and show how two theologians, Victor Codina, S.J. and Elizabeth A. Johnson, build on the Council’s teaching.
All STM Online: Crossroads courses include these features
- Participants have access 24 hours/7 days a week to the course's password-protected web site.
- Each participant belongs to a small Community for Conversation and faith sharing guided by a facilitator.
- The course site is usually available to participants at least three months after the course has ended.
- An orientation in how to navigate the web site is always available.
- Technical assistance is easy to contact and prompt in returning a message.
- A Certificate of Active Participation is awarded to those who post at least three messages of substance for each week of content.
Additional Materials Needed
All materials provided in the course.
A participant can expect to spend an average of approximately 3-4 hours each week. This commitment includes both the assigned reading and interaction online.
- Dr. Richard Lennan, professor of systematic theology, professor ordinarius at Boston College School of Theology and Ministry