Conscience is emerging as a pivotal concept in Pope Francis’s papacy. Based on the Fall 2016 C21 Resources issue, edited by Kristen E. Heyer, and drawing upon the rich tradition of Catholic moral teaching, this course urges that our decisions be guided by our faith community and by the voice of conscience within our hearts, and that we wrestle with the tensions between.
- Introductory Week
- Week 1: What Do We Mean by Conscience?
- Week 2: Following Conscience for Growth and Discipleship
- Weekly introductions to each new topic;
- Weekly questions for reflection and discussion; and
- A page of further resources about topics discussed in this course.
All STM Online: Crossroads courses include these features
- Participants have access 24 hours/7 days a week to the course's password-protected web site.
- Each participant belongs to a small Community for Conversation and faith sharing guided by a facilitator.
- The course site is usually available to participants at least three months after the course has ended.
- An orientation in how to navigate the web site is always available.
- Technical assistance is easy to contact and prompt in returning a message.
- A Certificate of Active Participation is awarded to those who post at least three messages of substance for each week of content.
Additional Materials Needed
View this issue of C21 Resources, "Conscience at Work."
A participant can expect to spend an average of approximately 3-4 hours each week. This commitment includes both the assigned reading and interaction online.
- Kristin E. Heyer (guest editor for the Fall 2016 issue of C21 Resources)